CONTOH-CONTO JENIS TEXT:
1. REPORT TEXT (TEKS REPORT)
“to describe something in general”
1. GENERAL CLASSIFICATION / DEFINITION
2. DESCRIPTION : the discussion like in terms of parts, qualities,
habits/behaviors or uses
Whales are mammals, but they live in the sea. They breath air, but they can’t survive on land. Some types of whales are very large indeed. Blue whale , for example, can grow to more than 30 meters in length. They are the largest animals that lived on earth.
At a glance whales look rather like fish. However, there are some important differences in their external structures. Whales have tails that are broad, flat and horizontal. These tails function as paddles. They also have single nostrils on top of their large broad heads.
A whale has smooth and shiny skin. Beneath the skin there is a layer of fat or blubber. The fat is up to 30 cm in thickness. This fat keeps heat and fluids so that it can live in cold water.
2. Recount Text (Teks Recount)
“to retell past events, especially experiences in the past
1. ORIENTATION: telling the readers who was involved in the story, what happened,
where the story took place, and when it happened.
2. EVENTS: telling the sequence of events.
3. RE-ORIENTATION: summarising the events.
(the closure of of events)
1. Focus on specific participants
2. use of past tense
3. Focus on temporal sequence
Jada and Jedi
Hi , I’m Jedi. I have a twin sister, named Jada. We were born on August 5, 1992. We were in the eighth grade. Jada and I do everything together. We are in the same class. We dress alike. We look the same. People always get us confused. This really make Jada and I laugh. Teachers and friends always get us mixed up at school. Even our teacher has trouble telling us apart. Our mother doesn’t, though. She always knows which twin is which. Jada and I often try to confuse her, but it has never happened.
Oneday, our teacher told our mother to get one of us a different haircut, so that he could tell us apart. Jada and I were horrified. We didn’t want to look different. We liked looking the same.
Our mother came to the resque, and refused to make us cut our hair. We were happy just the way we were and didn’t want to change. Our dad just shook his head. He would have to stay confused. Jada and I didn’t care.
We knew which one was which, and that was all that mattered.
3. DESCRIPTIVE TEXT (Teks Deskriptif)
Text describe adalah text yang menggambarkan cirri-ciri orang, benda atau tempat. Descripsi ini hanya memberikan informasi mengenai benda atau orang tertentu yang sedang dibahas saja, misalnya descriptive tentang “My Doll”. Cirri-ciri boneka saya tersebut mungking berbeda denagn cirri-ciri boneka orang lain yang yang lain.
To describe a thing, a person, or a place in particular
1. Noun (kata benda) tertentu misalnya teacher, house, cat, etc.
2. The Simple Present.
3. Detail Noun Phrase untuk memberikan informansi tenteng subjek.
Misalnya: Katie is a beautiful young lady.
Berbagai macam Adjective (Kata Sifat), misalnya: strong, white,
beautiful, and old.
My best friend is Danca Brobie. She lives in Tevel Heights with her parents, three brothers and a sister. She comes from Serbia and speaks Serbian.
Danka is 14 years old. She has an oval face, blue eyes, and blonde hair. Her weight is 56 kilos. Her height is 168 cms. She likes to play netball and tennis. Her favorite is light pink. She doesn’t like spiders and snakes.
She goes to Tevel High School. She is learning to speak English and I is very hard. At the weekend she plays netball and after school she plays tennis. We play netball together.
We see each other every weekend. I can tell her all my secrets because I trust her. She is a very nice friend.
Text Procedure adalah teks yang menjalaskan bagaimana sesuatu dibuat atau dilakukan. Teks ini menjelaskan bahan-bahan/alat-alat yang diperlukan dan juga langkah-langkah pembuatannya.
To describe how something is accomplished through a sequence of action or steps.
1. Goal/aim (tujuan)
2. Material (not required for all Procedure Texts)
1. Use of imperative sentence
2. Use mainly of material Process
3. Use mainly temporal conjunction (or numbering to indicate sequence)
Example: first, then, next, finally.
HOW TO MAKE JELLY
1 pk flavored jelly crystals
250 mls cold water
Dish or jelly mould
250 mls boiling water
Steps to accomplish goal:
1. sprinkle the favoured jelly crystals into bowl
2. add 250mls of boiling water and stir with a whisk until dissolved
3. add 250 mls of cold water and stir
4. pour the jelly into a dish or jelly mould
5. put it in the refrigerator until it sets (at least two hours)
6. remove the jelly from the refrigerator and serve
Imperative sentence/giving Instruction
To give instruction, we have to use the following pattern:
V – infinitive + Object
V-infinitive adalah kata kerja dasr yang belum mendapatkan imbuhan atau perubahan apapun.
How to make a Cheese Omelette
1 egg, 50g cheese, ¼ cup milk, cooking oil salt and pepper.
Frying pan, fork, spatula, cheese, grater, bowl, plate
1. crack an egg into a bowl
2. whisk the egg with a fork until it is smooth
3. add milk and whisk well
4. grate the cheese into the bowl and stir
5. heat the oil in a frying pan
6. pour the mixture re into the frying pan
7. turn the omelet with the spatula when it browns
8. cook both sides
9. place on a plate, season with salt and pepper
10. eat while warm